Friday, October 9, 2015

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Ep. 1 - Curse

The original Utawarerumono caught my attention when it was released, but, unfortunately, I've never watched it. So, I was really happy to find that not just a new season would be released, but also it'll have a new setting, doesn't requiring me to watch the first series to understand this new one.

When I came to, I realized I was standing in the middle of a vast, snowy plain I knew nothing of. I didn't know how I got there. And to add to that, I couldn't remember anything, not even my name. I stood there, dumbfounded at my absurd situation. But then, as if to spite me further, a gigantic monster suddenly appeared, an insect-like creature that began to bear down on me. I tried desperately to run, but it cornered me into a hopeless situation. It was then that the girl appeared. Her name was Kuon. It was this beautiful girl, who bore an animal's ears and tail, that saved my life.

The first thing you notice is that this anime is BEAUTIFUL. I mean, both scenery and character design are gorgeous, as well as the animation per se. Kuon, the main catgirl character is extremely cute, and her reactions are always great to watch, and both Kuon and Haku have nice personalities. While Kuon is kind of bossy, motherly and seems to have a lot of energy, Haku is weak, whiny and lazy, but clever at the same time. As Kuon said, he's better with jobs that use his mind.


This first episode has a slower pace, giving us newbies time to get familiarized with this world, and to enjoy the amazing scenes. I loved watching Utawarerumono and looks like it'll be one of my top 3 anime of this season (if not the favorite). Kuon is the best girl already, and I'm excited to see how the story will develop.

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen Ep. 1 - Curse

Kuon is the best girl already


Rating: 5 stars and 1 bonus heart