Tuesday, July 5, 2016

First Impressions: ReLIFE

This anime didn't caught my attention before the season started. I didn't even add it as plan-to-watch to check it later. Mostly because for some dumb reason I thought it won't be for me, or that it won't be good, and didn't bother to even watch the trailer. But I was wrong, apparently.
The story follows Kaizaki Arata, a 27-year-old jobless man, who fails at every job interview he had after quitting his last company. His life changes after he met Yoake Ryou of the ReLife Research Institute, who offered him a drug that can change his appearance to 17-years-old and to become a subject in an experiment for one year. Thus, he begins his life as a high school student once more. (MAL)

Being the first of the season to be released (with subs), I ended up finally checking the trailer and looking at the ratings on MAL. Then, decided to try it and discovered an interesting story with a lot of potential. I'm 28, like Arata, and despite not being a NEET, at some points during my life I've wondered what I would do differently in high school with my current knowledge and experience. And that's where this show appeals to an older audience, and what makes it a possible great show.


The first episode didn't have fanservice, instant love or a harem being formed and I really do hope that it stays this way. Of course there'll be some romance, a love triangle, but if this show focuses on the character's decisions about his new chance instead of dumb jokes and boobs, it'll be a good experience.

So far, the characters show some depth and personality and don't appear to be too plain. The art and animation is also good, as well as the soundtrack.


I've only watched the first episode, but all 13 are already available on Crunchyroll. Give ReLIFE a chance and leave a comment telling me what you think about it.