Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Reads - April 17th

This week I read a manga and finished a book. I also started an audio-book.


Soul Eater Not Vol. 1


It's a Soul Eater spin-off, with different characters, but set in the same world. You don't need to read Soul Eater to understand this one, as everything is properly explained. I liked it, and I'll be looking forward to the remaining volumes. It's a short manga and I'd recommend it to everyone who appreciates a manga with humor, magic, and cute girls.
Soul Eater NOT!, Vol. 1

Caught Dead Handed


A cozy mystery book that takes place in Salem. The protagonist is a widow that goes back to Salem for a job interview. But things change and she ends up working as a fake call-in psychic, hosting a late night TV show about old movies and series. I'm a great fan of cozies, and magic and cats, so it was a delightful reading experience :) The second book in the series (Tails, you lose) was just released on March 31st.
Caught Dead Handed (Witch City Mystery, #1)

The Nazad Conspiracy (The Scarifyers S01E01)


This is an audio-book by Big Finish, the first in The Scarifyers series. It features a full-cast, so no narrator just reading the text. We've got a voice actor for each character, music, and sound effects. I'll write more about it when I finish this story (or the first 'season').
1. The Nazad Conspiracy - The Scarifyers - Big Finish