Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Books I Want to See as TV Shows [#Top5Wednesday]

It's Wednesday and today I'm answering a Top 5 Wednesday from the T5W GoodReads group. I don't know if I'l be posting all the lists, but I liked this one and decided to do it. As you'll notice, many of them are underrated books that many people just don't know about. They're awesome books and I think they would be great on screen.


Liebermann Papers, by Frank Tallis

A great mystery series that takes place in old Vienna. The protagonist is a doctor and also some kind of disciple of Freud. Filled with music, investigation focused on psychological analysis and an incredible setting, it would be amazing to see Max Liebermann in a TV series. Link


Perry Rhodan, by various authors

I just LOVE this book series. I'm not reading it now because I have them in Portuguese, and now I'm focusing on improving my English. But this is like the Doctor Who of sci-fi literature, because while Doctor Who is the longest running sci-fi TV show, Perry Rhodan is the longest running book series ever. Being published weekly since 1961 it now has more than 2800 editions, each one with 60 pages, give or take. And it doesn't show signs of stopping, so there'll be unlimited stories to be told on the small screen. Link


The Grimnoir Chronicles, by Larry Correia

I'm reading the first book in the series, and I've already posted my first impressions here. It'll probably be something like a mix of Agent Carter and Agents of Shield (?) I guess. Link


The Secret Life Of Laszlo, Count Dracula, by Roderick Anscombe

This book is SO GOOD and so underrated. A book about Dracula when he's still human, but developing his desire/fetish for blood. It would be amazing as a series, because this story needs a lot of screen time to happen properly. Link


Dragonriders of Pern, by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey

This one will be difficult to have as a series. If you think that the Game of Thrones dragons are expensive, imagine a series where the main characters ride dragons, and the dragons are important characters as well. It'll be a freaking expensive TV series, but one can dream, right? Link