Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Better wait than try to keep up

Some months ago I started noticing how watching or reading something as it's being released don't work for me. It works for some time, until I can't read or watch it in the week it goes on air or it's published, and then I fall behind the schedule. After this, it's difficult for me to go back to it and catch up. I don't know why, but I see the episodes or issues piling up and end up losing interest. And, of course, there are always new comics and TV shows starting, so I want to start following more and more.


That's why I was thinking about focusing on already finished seasons/series for TV series and anime, and paperbacks for the comics and manga. And this month I finally decided to put my energy in finishing some things on my list and prioritizing things that I can watch or read at my own pace, finishing it before moving to something else.

Of course, I'll continue keeping up with some TV shows that I really enjoy, like The Flash and Penny Dreadful, and every anime season I'll choose three or four to watch as they are released. But these are the exceptions and not the *new* rule.

And this is already working for me. This month I FINALLY finished the first season of Hell on Wheels, and now I'm going to finish Fortitude (also the first season). Let's keep up with this mindset, and I hope I'll enjoy my TV shows better.